Local CRUW aiming high with £1/4 million target for Cancer Research UK
CRUW, the official Cancer Research UK volunteer fundraising team for Ware and Hertford, have raised a huge £200,000 since the group’s inception in May 2010 and are steadily working towards their next goal of a quarter of a million pounds.
The small and dynamic fundraising team have completed a number of events and activities to raise funds. These have included selling items at Race For Life, hosting quiz nights, race nights, fashion shows and teaming up with Hertford Regional College for pamper evenings at the Inspires Salon and a multi-course dinner at The Atrium Restaurant.
Most recently, the group have raised over £390 from two street collections in Hertford town centre, which also raised awareness of the charity’s Stand Up To Cancer campaign. The collections took place over the weekends of 27th October and 3rd November 2018.
Other activities have included raising awareness for World Cancer Day by selling CRUK merchandise in the local towns, running dance-athons with Belly Dancing and Burlesque sessions and have also received some very generous donations from local businesses, pubs and organisations to help with this grand total.
Jez Donaldson, the group’s Treasurer says “Being able to help raise such significant funds from our small group has been amazing, having regular meetings and contact with the charity itself has been a great help and I look forward to working towards our next target of £250k which we hope to achieve by the end of this financial year!”
The group would like to thank all their supporters and donors who have helped raise these funds for such a good cause. They are always looking for more volunteers to give a few hours of their time for collections and fundraising events. Information regarding future activities and how to join the group can be found at http://cruw.org/
Notes to Editors
For further media information, please contact Cally Cardines, Local Fundraising Manager - Hertfordshire, Cancer Research UK, Mob: 07711 209587, Email – email@example.com
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- Cancer Research UK’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK receives no funding from the UK government for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on vital donations from the public.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival in the UK double in the last 40 years.
- Today, 2 in 4 people survive their cancer for at least 10 years. Cancer Research UK’s ambition is to accelerate progress so that by 2034, 3 in 4 people will survive their cancer for at least 10 years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
For further information about Cancer Research UK's work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 0300 123 1022 or visit www.cancerresearchuk.org. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.