HERTFORD WOMAN OFFERS NAIL TREATMENTS TO CANCER PATIENTS
A Hertford woman is offering a free nail treatment to local women that are going through their cancer journey.
Jo Treadwell, a Hertford-based Makeup and Nail Artist, has been providing nail treatments to her own sister, who has Stage 4 bowel cancer. She would now like to extend this to other local women.
“My sister told me how uplifting it has been for her to have one nice treatment amongst the world of medical treatments which are not quite such a treat”, said Jo.
The offer extends to local women and children affected by cancer, whether it be their own diagnosis, or a watching a loved one going through their cancer journey.
Jo approached local Cancer Research UK fundraising group, CRUW, for help with finding other women in similar situations.
CRUW Treasurer and Volunteer Fundraiser Jez Donaldson said “This is such a lovely offer to local women with cancer. We’re delighted to help raise awareness of Jo’s kind offer in our area”.
Lucy Carey, Cancer Research UK’s local Relationship Manager for Hertfordshire said: “I would like to personally thank Jo for her kind and generous offer. This treatment will no doubt be gratefully received and such a huge lift for women going through their cancer journey.”
She added “One in two people in the UK will be diagnosed with cancer at some stage in their lives, but the good news is more people are surviving the disease now than ever before. Cancer survival in the UK has doubled since the early 1970s and Cancer Research UK’s work has been at the heart of that progress. However, we have only been able to achieve this thanks to the dedication and commitment of volunteers and supporters like Jo and CRUW without whom we would not be able to fund our life-saving research.”
The CRUW team is always looking for more volunteers to give just a few hours of their time for collections and fundraising events, as the amount of money raised is often limited by the number of people available to cover an event. They particularly want to hear from local people experienced at staging events.
Jo can be contacted via her social media @nailsbyjosaville, or website www.josaville.com or further details or to make a booking.
Further information about CRUW including social media links can be found at cruw.org
For further information about Cancer Research UK’s work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 0300 123 1022 or visit cruk.org.
- ENDS -
FOR FURTHER MEDIA INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Jo Treadwell on 07988 730 506 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- Cancer Research UK’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on vital donations from the public.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival in the UK double in the last 40 years.
- Today, 2 in 4 people survive their cancer for at least 10 years. Cancer Research UK’s ambition is to accelerate progress so that by 2034, 3 in 4 people will survive their cancer for at least 10 years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.